Pages

Monday 31 October 2016

#BLOGTOBER DAY 31: October wrap-up

BLOGTOBER IS OVER!

I can finally relax... For the next few hours, until November starts, and with it NANOWRIMO.

NANOWRI-NO! I CAN'T DO IT, NOT YET. I'M NOT READY!

(Before I have a mental breakdown, here's what I got up to this month.)

Bookish wrap-up:
In October, I read 29 books, including 7 non-fiction books and 5 graphic novels. Phew! Quite a few of them were novellas that accompanied series that I was reading, but I'm still proud of that number, particularly because I've been so busy with Blogtober.
I didn't finish a book for the #2016ClassicsChallenge, but I'm halfway through my October title - 'The Age of Innocence' by Edith Wharton - which I'll be finishing in mid-November through Serial Reader.
I didn't read anything for my personal series challenge... I'm thinking I need to really work to catch up in the next two months, or I should carry this over to 2017.

The best books I read in October?
Image result for nothing tastes as good hennessy cover
I only gave one book 5 stars this month, and that was Claire Hennessy's wonderful 'Nothing Tastes As Good' - last month's #SundayYA book club pick. 

The worst books I read in October?
Image result for stealing snow paigeImage result for queen of hearts oakes
Both of these fairytale retellings seriously disappointed me. I gave 'Stealing Snow' 1 star and 'Queen of Hearts' 2 stars, but I don't recommend you read either.

Musical wrap-up:

This month's album of the month has to be awarded to 'Revolution Radio', the insanely catchy comeback from Green Day.
Image result for green day revolution radio
A lot of exciting albums released this month, but with all of the reading and blogging I didn't have time to listen to many of them. I haven't heard 'Revolution Radio' in full, but I'm choosing this as album of the month based off of all of the songs that I've heard so far.

There's only one candidate for song of the month.

 If you didn't guess Waterparks, why are you even on my blog?

My concert of the month (so far) needs to be You Me At Six's show in Oxford. I say so far because I'm going to see Bring Me The Horizon's Halloween show at the O2 Arena tonight, and I have a feeling they're going to pull something very special out of the bag for this occasion... 

I hope you had a great October! Did you partake in Blogtober, or were you too busy preparing for NaNoWriMo?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete