Pages

Saturday 1 October 2016

#BLOGTOBER DAY 1: September book haul

You didn't think I'd just post my launch post for day one, did you?
(I was tempted to, but it kind of felt like cheating!)
For the first time in a very long time, I'm actually posting this book haul at the very start of the month rather than panicking and posting it halfway through, so get ready to shame me for the ridiculous amount of book buying I've done...

eBooks:
Image result for kingdom from ashes megan linski
I just got the one eBook this month, and that's because 'Kingdom of Ashes' was completely free on Kindle!

Library book sale:
A bit of a random library haul this month, but you know me - when can I resist books that cheap?! Most of these books are parts of series I'd already been collecting, so I was grateful but surprised to find some of them in the sale.

Charity shopping:


These books cost me £1 altogether, because the local charity shop was having a half price sale. I LOVED 'The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer' when I first read it, so I can't wait to reread it (and eventually read the next two installments) and I think this American edition of 'A Thousand Pieces of You' was too gorgeous to pass up.

Brand new books:

I had to buy 'Crow Moon'. Like, I literally didn't have a choice, because I was approved to read the sequel on NetGalley at this start of this year before I realised I hadn't read the first installment. Oh, and also because the cover is a little bit damaged, I managed to get it half price (made even cheaper thanks to my Waterstones gift card). £1.50 for a book? Don't mind if I do!

I also purchased 'Unboxed' using my Illumicrate 20% off + free P+P voucher, so that was nice and cheap too.

Owlcrate: 


I was so happy with the items in this box. Everyone had been raving about 'Three Dark Crowns' because it was release date the day that my parcel arrived, and I was so tempted to dive in and start reading it straight away (but my TBR is far too long to be that reckless!)

bookbridgr:

Saving the best 'til last, I received an early copy of 'Kids of Appetite' by David Arnold! I will admit that I haven't read his first book yet, and I haven't had time to pick this one up either (sorry Headline, I'll do better, I promise!) but I'm so excited to read this one - especially because it just hit the New York Times bestseller list.

That means all together in September I acquired 19 books. Not as bad as previous hauls, but still more than I can logically fit into my house... I think I'm going to need to start unhauling soon.
Have you read any of these books? If so, which ones do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment