Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2016

#BLOGTOBER DAY 18: TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten character names I'll use on my kids

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

I am really bad at choosing names for things. So bad that my dog shares a name with his dad, and my character in Dungeons and Dragons is constantly asking characters if they can talk to her sheep so that they can tell her their names, rather than having me choose them myself.
That means if I ever have kids, they're going to take their names from TV and book characters. More specifically, these characters.

Names for girls:

5) Margot
Image result for margot robbie gif
I'm picking Margot because of Margo Roth Spiegelman, but spelling it with a 'T' because I love Margot Robbie and Margot from Epic Reads.

4) Summer
Image result for zooey deschanel 500 days gif
I've always liked natural names - trees, plants and seasons in particular. I'd choose Summer based off of the character in the Beautiful Dead series by Eden Maguire, but I also love the name because of Zooey Deschanel's character in '(500) Days of Summer'.

3) Cassiopeia
Image result for cassie the 5th wave gif
I'm jealous of Cassie's name because she has so much nickname potential: Cassie, Cass, Pea, Io... The possibilities aren't quite limitless, but I love names that are so interchangeable.

2) Feyre

Because people struggle to pronounce my name (it's said just like Alice. Not Al-ees, not Ay-lis, not Alk-see. You wish I was joking, but I've actually experienced all of these from supply teachers in my life) I want to inflict the same pain on my child.

1) Alaska

In 'Looking For Alaska', she chooses her own name. If I could get away with having a nameless child until they were sentient enough to do the same, I would let them - instead I'll choose a name that someone chose for themselves, so I can't blame myself if they hate it.

Names for boys:

5) Morpheus

Not exactly a traditional name, but I am one of the least charismatic and charming people in the world, so if this name will bestow my child with these characteristics it'll be a blessing.

4) Tyler
Image result for tyler lockwood gif
I seemed to be the only person who was a fan of Tyler Lockwood in The Vampire Diaries, but he definitely made me a fan of the name (cemented by Tyler Joseph of twenty one pilots).

3) Negan
Image result for negan gif
Someone needs to give the name a good reputation, after all of the baseball bat wielding action! It's also been the name on everyone's lips all summer, so I bet you this name is going to get a huge popularity spike. 

2) Landon

Since reading 'The Summer Before Forever' by Melissa Chambers, I've really liked the name Landon. I've never known anyone with the name in real life, and while it's not common it's also not hard to spell or pronounce.

1) Tate
Image result for tate langdon gif
Yes, I know he was a murderer and a rapist, but I like the name, okay?!

I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday! What character names are you looking forward to stealing?

5 comments:

  1. I have a friend whose parents let him choose his own middle name....

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-characters-id-name-my-children.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I LOVE so many of these names!! AHHH!! I really really love the name Morpheus for, well, obvious mothy reasons. ;) And I think Margot is an amazing name and I totally want to use it someday too.😍 If not a kid...I'll write a book and call the character Margo. hahah.
    And YES to Alaska! I love names of countries/cities used as people-names. Like India or Paris too!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on making Negan a good name. It actually is rather cool, and I personally love Jeffrey Dean Morgan (who also has a cool name by the way), but after this coming Sunday, I may never want to see him or hear that name again. I don't care that he kills some characters, but it's WHO he kills that might break it for me. If the spoilers are right, I'll be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to name a pet Alaska...I just need to buy one first! ;)
    Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it weird that Tate was my favorite character from that season... :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete