Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2016

#BLOGTOBER DAY 25: TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten creepiest covers

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

Because it's Halloween next week, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is a scary freebie. I've decided to talk about the creepiest book covers in the world, because that way I can show them to you and terrify you as well...

10) 'Slasher Girls and Monster Boys'
Image result for slasher girls and monster boys
When you first look at this cover it's actually sort of adorable! But then you look longer, into those dead eyes, with those huge teeth just waiting to bite your face of- RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! FLEE THIS PLACE.

9) 'Girl of Nightmares' by Kendare Blake
Image result for girl of nightmares
'Anna Dressed In Blood' is a little scary, but then you see the cover to the sequel and she's almost on fire BECKONING YOU TOWARDS HELL. What the heck. Oh god. Oh why.

8) 'Monstrumologist' by Rick Yancey
Image result for monstrumologist  rick yancey cover
I'm disturbed by this unidentified thing in a jar because it reminds me so much of the pickled babies on the title sequence for season one of 'American Horror Story'. Urgh. 

7) 'A Madness So Discreet' by Mindy McGinnis
Image result for a madness so discreet
At first glance this cover looks so beautiful, and then you realise she's BEING DRAGGED TO HELL. OH JEEZ. WHAT THE WHAT. 

6) 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' by Ransom Riggs
Image result for miss peregrine's
Creepy children = BIG no no. 

5) 'Horrorstor' by Grady Hendrix
Image result for horrorstor
This is no ordinary IKEA magazine! It looks so comfortable with the bright colours and fake foliage, and then OH MY GOD THAT'S A FACE THERE'S A FACE IN THE WALL WHAT THE F-

4) 'Asylum' by Madeline Roux
Image result for asylum book
Looking at the cover of 'Asylum', I genuinely believe it could be one of my favourite books of all time. I'm just not ready to pick it up just yet...

3) 'Shutter' by Courtney Alameda
Image result for shutter book
*uncontrollable screaming and sobbing*

2) 'The Trees Crept In' by Dawn Kurtagich
Image result for the trees crept in
Woods are scary enough, without their trees coming to life and hunting people down. (I don't know if that's actually the plot of this book, I'm too scared to read it). 

1) 'Daughters Unto Devils' by Amy Lukavics
Image result for daughters unto devils uk cover
There is a house in her face, blood dripping everywhere and the word KNOCK scraped repetitively all over the cover. What about this doesn't incite fear?! The US cover is also disgracefully scary:
Image result for daughters unto devils
Shudder shudder. This is two spooky covers for the price of one!

I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten Tuesday! What are the scariest book covers that you've ever seen?

5 comments:

  1. The covers on this list are sooo good! Great list!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scream inside every time I see the cover of Shutter! It's CREEPY! I've heard a lot of good things about Horrorstor, I need to pick up a copy! Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are some creepy covers!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/top-ten-tuesday-80/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great List! The covers of 'Asylum' and 'Daughters Unto Devils' particularly creep me out.

    ReplyDelete