There were some awesome cover reveals, including one I was involved in!:
New releases included:
In other news:
- Jay Coles announced his debut novel, 'Tyler Johnson Was Here'. It's inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, and will be released in spring 2018...
- ...while Emily Suvada's YA debut, 'This Mortal Coil', was acquired by Penguin Random House and will be released towards the end of 2017.
- Matt Haig announced that he's finished his new novel, 'How To Stop Time', and it will be released in July.
- Sabaa Tahir had a very eloquent response to someone who asked her why she was supporting 'Carve The Mark' despite the racist and ableist criticisms surrounding it.
The music industry:
A bountiful number of new releases this week:
The comeback single from Gorillaz, their first new song in six years:
A pretty cool lyric video for that One OK Rock and 5 Seconds of Summer collaboration:
'Bad Behaviour', the first single from The Maine's new album, 'lovely, little, lonely', which will be released on April 7th:
The first single from Coast To Coast's upcoming EP, 'The Length of a Smile':
And a very hot video from Biffy Clyro (and not just because Simon Neil is always shirtless!):
Also this week:
- Lower Than Atlantis released a 'Boomerang' into the world
- twenty one pilots finally played their cover of My Chemical Romance's 'Cancer' live
- Mallory Knox are 'Better Off Without You'
- Billie Joe Armstrong's son Jakob Danger released three new songs
- Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory fame teamed up with LEGO to release 'Build Free'
- Slaves released their first single since their implosion last year, aptly titled 'I'd Rather See Your Star Explode'
- Last, but most certainly not least - I'm literally shaking as I'm typing this - SONNY MOORE IS BACK IN FROM FIRST TO LAST! Check out their new song, 'Make War', and get hyped with me.
A bunch more tour announcements for you:
- Basement are touring the UK with Higher Power from the end of February. For some reason they're playing two small shows back-to-back in each city - odd.
- One OK Rock are touring Japan from February to May, being supported by bands including Don Broco and Fall Out Boy.
- We Are The Ocean announced their impending break-up, accompanied by three farewell shows at the end of March.
- High Tyde have announced a small run of dates in March, supported by The Pale White.
- Hey Violet will be embarking on their first ever US headline tour in March, supported by Jessarae.
- Counterfeit will be headlining shows across the UK and Europe throughout March and April. They'll be playing songs from their debut album, 'Together We Are Stronger', which will be released on March 17th.
- To coincide with their album announcement, The Maine announced a world tour running from March to August.
- Best friends Coast To Coast and Better Than Never are embarking on another co-headline tour in April. Support at the majority of dates comes from Pine.
- Patent Pending will be returning to the UK in April.
- Real Friends are touring the US from April to June. Accompanying them on the run will be Tiny Moving Parts, Have Mercy, Broadside and Nothing, Nowhere.
- Evanescence are playing a one-off London headline show on June 14th. Guessing this means they're going to be added to Download festival that weekend!
- Kris Kristofferson has announced that he'll be playing Glastonbury...
- ...while Boardmasters, Isle of Wight, Chicago Open Air and Lollapalooza Paris had line-up announcements...
- ...and a bunch of bands were added to Warped Rewind At Sea. I'm so tempted to get a passport!
- There was also an announcement of an announcement: the next Reading and Leeds headliner will be unveiled next week.
- Deaf Havana announced that the support from their upcoming UK tour will be Dinosaur Pile-Up and DEAD!...
- ...while Decade will be accompanied on their tour by Spring King and Wallflower...
- ...Against The Current will be teaming up with Hunger...
- ...and You Me At Six are bringing Tonight Alive and Black Foxxes around arenas in the UK.
- Deez Nuts revealed that their new album, 'Binge & Purgatory', will be released April 7th.
- Despite there still not being news about their fifth album, 30 Seconds To Mars have announced another Camp Mars.
- Over-achievers twenty one pilots have now been nominated for a BRIT Award. Based on the artists they're up against, I think they have a good chance of winning that one.
- CJ McMahon has rejoined Thy Art Is Murder...
- ...Pendulum have announced their first London show in six years...
- ...While another exciting reunion came in the shape of Audioslave, who are getting back together to play a one-off Anti-Inaugural Ball in protest against Donald Trump's inauguration. Who knew Trump could make something amazing happen?
- Signing off with some sad news, Ben Marvin, co-vocalist and founding member of Hacktivist, has announced he's leaving the band. Bummer.