Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2017

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five 2017 debuts I'm excited for

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

I actually wrote a post on this topic for Top Ten Tuesday last week, but instead of skipping a week I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to talk about ANOTHER five debuts I'm really excited about!
There are so many exciting first novels coming out in the next twelve months, and I love being able to promote them and introduce you guys to some books you might not have heard about just yet.

5) 'Gilded Cage' by Vic James
Image result for gilded cage by vic james
I'll be honest, I've heard so much hype around 'Gilded Cage' but I still have no idea what it's about, because every time I hear about it I just get distracted by how beautiful that cover is! I promise I'll look up what it's about eventually... If I can stop staring at the beauty... 

4) 'The Gallery of Unfinished Girls' by Lauren Karcz
Image result for the gallery of unfinished girls
I have a hate-hate relationship with magical realism. All of the books I've read that have been described like this have just been confusing or boring or a combination of the two that leaves me groaning and wishing for the books to just END ALREADY. I'm hoping that won't be the case with 'The Gallery of Unfinished Girls', because I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it so far. 

3) 'The Art of Starving' by Sam J. Miller
Image result for the art of starving sam j miller
I'm have a macabre fascination with biological illustrations, skulls, bones and the like, so when I saw this cover I fell in love. I'm gonna be honest, this one sounds like it's going to hurt me, but actually seeing male anorexia dealt with in YA is so refreshing that I need to pick it up. 

2) 'The Inevitable Collision of Birdie and Bash' by Candace Ganger
Image result for the inevitable collision of birdie and bash
I'd included this book in my post last week, but I ended up editing it out because it sounds a bit like 'Severed Heads, Broken Hearts' by Robin Schneider, which I hated. I've decided I can't judge a book by the feelings I had towards the book it kinda-sorta sounds like, so I'm getting excited about this one once more. 

1) 'Wicked Like a Wildfire' by Lana Popovic
Image result for wicked like a wildfire lana popovic
I've had my eye on 'Wicked Like a Wildfire' since the cover was revealed back in October, and even though it's still eight months away I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy. It sounds like nothing I've ever read before, and I think it's going to blow me away. 

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! Are you as excited as I am for any of the debuts I've talked about recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment