Pages

Saturday 16 July 2016

My dream festival line-up

Nearly every weekend in summer has a festival, right?
2000 Trees, V Festival, T in the Park, Isle of Wight, Download, Reading and Leeds... It's hard to keep track of how many there are, but none of them have the perfect line-up. 
Until now.
I've been invited by TickPick - a new, safe site perfect for buying tickets for sold-out concerts in America - to participate in Faux-chella, creating my dream festival! 
I chose ten bands (and one special guest!) which was difficult: I had five or six others that were fighting to get in, including bands that have split up or haven't been active in a while, but I decided to keep it relevant and - more importantly - possible. This festival could actually physically happen (I'm not kidding myself, honestly!). 

So, without further ado, these are the bands that I TickPicked for my line-up. 

1) The 1975
I'm from the UK, so I needed to have a UK main headliner!
I'm so excited to see The 1975 again at this year's Reading festival because they're headlining a stage, but it would be brilliant to see them headline an entire festival - particularly with the amazing songs that made up 'I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it'.

2) Paramore
This year is my third full weekend at Reading festival, and Paramore are the best headliner that I've seen there so far. They co-headlined with Queens of the Stone Age, so I don't think they'd be too offended if I asked them to co-headline with The 1975.

3) Twenty One Pilots
One of the best live bands I've seen. Hopefully if I booked the band they'd feel generous and decide to slip a song from their debut album into the set (I'd be hoping for 'Taxi Cab' or 'A Car, A Torch, A Death').

4) Echosmith
Pure summery fun. You can't say no to Echosmith!

5) Halsey
I wanted to choose an artist that I hadn't seen live yet, so I could experience something new at my festival (and take a bit of a risk with a booking!). Halsey has come out of nowhere over the last twelve months and I absolutely love her; it would be great if she'd perform one more festival before the end of the 'Badlands' tour.  

6) Lower Than Atlantis
After hearing 'English Kids in America' at Reading two years ago I couldn't get it out of my head - it was unquestionably the song of that summer for me. That means Lower Than Atlantis are always going to be one of my favourite festival bands.  

7) Our Last Night
When I saw Our Last Night supporting Tonight Alive, I couldn't stop myself thinking that they'd sound brilliant in a festival environment. 

8) PVRIS
With the band heading into the studio to record at some point over the next couple of months, by booking PVRIS I'd be able to attend one of their last shows before the 'White Noise' touring cycle finishes.

9) Waterparks
In case you missed it, I LOVE WATERPARKS. So if I'm going to host a festival, they're going to be the first band I contact. Hopefully I could persuade them to play 'Easter Egg'...

10) With Confidence
I wanted artists from more countries than just the UK and the US, so these Australians are the perfect choice. With their summery sounds and catchy songs like 'London Lights' and 'Keeper' they're a brilliant festival band - which is being proven by their current success on Warped tour! 

and my special guest, You Me At Six! I'd just want them to rock up and play an acoustic set, maybe premiere a new track or two.


Remember: if you need any last minute concert tickets, NFL tickets and more and you want to look for something that might be a little bit cheaper, check out TickPick! A big thank you to the site for inviting me to participate in making my Faux-chella - I had so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment