Pages

Saturday 1 April 2017

Top 5 All Time Low covers

All Time Low have never released a bad cover. I always look forward to hearing which songs they've decided to reimagine, because they always put their own twists on them and I normally enjoy them more than the originals!
To celebrate the fact that they performed their cover of Lorde's 'Green Light' during their set at Brixton O2 Academy last night, I thought I'd throw back to the best covers that they've released in the past few years.

5) 'Umbrella' by Rihanna

It's been almost ten years since this cover appeared on 'Punk Goes Crunk', but it's still brilliant.

4) 'Alejandro' by Lady Gaga
The original version always annoys me, but I can listen to this one for hours: it's so relaxing, and suits Alex's voice perfectly. 

3) 'True Colours' by Cyndi Lauper
This cover still brings a tear to my eye. Utterly beautiful. 

2) 'Green Light' by Lorde

I had goosebumps when I first heard Lorde's comeback single: it's unlike any other pop song, which made it all the more surprising when it took the world by storm. I still can't believe I managed to hear them play this live: it was so much fun, and the crowd couldn't stop dancing!

1) 'Hands To Myself' by Selena Gomez
Nothing can beat this cover. I love the original, but I think it works wonderfully with a male vocal.

Do you agree with my choices, or would you make a different top five? Leave your choices in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment