Pages

Wednesday 5 April 2017

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five sci-fi/fantasy books on my TBR

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

I don't read a lot of SFF, which means I have SO MANY that I still have to pick up. I could have written a top 100 list for this topic, and I still wouldn't have touched upon most of them!
These are the five SFF novels that I really hope I can read this year, because I'm so excited about them and don't know why I keep messing around.

5) 'Falling Kingdoms' by Morgan Rhodes
Image result for falling kingdoms rhodes
I haven't read 'Falling Kingdoms' because it's the first book in a six-book series, and we only have the first two in the library. That means if I love them both I'm going to need to buy books three through five (book six isn't being released until later in the year) and I don't have the money to do that.

4) The Graceling trilogy by Kirstin Cashore
Image result for kristin cashore the gracelingImage result for kristin cashore fireImage result for kristin cashore bitterblue
I have no excuse for putting off the Graceling series. It sounds like something I'll really enjoy, and I am planning on reading it in the next couple of months... But I've also been saying that for what feels like years, so don't get your hopes up.

3) 'Strange the Dreamer' by Laini Taylor
Image result for strange the dreamer taylor
I was supposed to read 'Strange the Dreamer' last month, but I didn't get time, so I am determined that I will get it done in April. I don't know why I keep putting this one off, but I can't bring myself to pick it up!

2) 'A Game of Thrones' by George R.R. Martin
Image result for a game of thrones martin
The size of this one intimidates me, but because I'm already so familiar with most of the characters it should be a breeze. If I haven't read this before I go to university, it's going to be the only book I take with me: that way I'll be forced to finally give it a go.

1) 'Wintersong' by S. Jae-Jones
Image result for wintersong
This is one of the most hyped releases of this year, and despite not knowing much about the story of the Goblin King I am excited to learn more about it through this retelling.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! Out of these books, which one do you think I should read next?

6 comments:

  1. I got Wintersong in an subscription box last month which I was thrilled about because I was already in love with the cover. I think you should read it first, then you might inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, I also got Wintersong in a subscription box! I'd been tempted to buy it and I was SO excited when it arrived. Definitely sounds like a great place to start :)

      Delete
  2. I love your pick, I have all of them on my tbr! Game of Thrones is high on my list because I love the show, but at the same time I'm intimidated by the size of the book xD I've heard nothing but amazing things about Falling Kingdoms and Graceling!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I own all of the books and as soon as I got them I thought "YAS, SHALL READ NOW!" and that never happened... I do really love the show, though.

      Delete
  3. Game of T....I tried. Also tried the show. Half my family are fanatics. I LOVE the cover of Dreamer.

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/top-5-wednesday-the-only-sci-fi-ive-ever-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the cover the best thing?! Kudos to the design team. It's even more beautiful in real life (especially because my ARC has blue-stained pages <3 )

      Delete