Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2016

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five favourite posts

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

It feels really odd to be celebrating my own posts when there are so many brilliant bloggers out there, so I actually nearly skipped this topic. But it's made me think a lot about my blog, where I'm going with it, and how far I've come in the (almost) two years that I've been writing on here...
I'm going through a fair bit of upheaval in my life at the moment and that - combined with the fact that I now work 14 days in a 14 day cycle... - means that I don't have time or passion for blogging anymore. It feels like a chore, and I never wanted it to feel like something I had to do. It's adding a lot of pressure that I really don't need, so I'm taking a step back for a little while. If I don't I'll end up resenting it and I'll never return.

It might be a couple of days, it might be a few weeks, but it felt right to let you all know that there's a reason behind the lack of updating. I've been doing this blog for two years straight without a break - I think I deserve one!

So, because I won't be putting any new posts up for a while (well, after I publish my Download review, which is finally almost finished!) here are some of the ones I'm proudest of:

5) My first Reading festival review was very rough around the edges. I'd had the blog for about a month, and I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with it or how I wanted to write. Going to the three day festival and then reviewing it was certainly a challenge, and I worked on it night and day for days after we returned... It's the contrast between that excitement and energy and the lethargy that the Download review has been producing that helped me rethink where I was going with this blog.

4) Meeting Pierce Brown was awesome: writing a post about the experience at Hodder headquarters was also a lot of fun.

3) When I decided to change how I wrote reviews, I tested it out with 'Rebel of the Sands' by Alwyn Hamilton, and I loved the way it looked: the little headers break up the endless lines of text and make reviews much easier to write.

2) 'The Kind Worth Killing' was the first book that I ever wrote a spoiler free review AND a spoilery review for, and I was very happy with the latter: it was one of the first times I just flailed with excitement about a book, rather than trying to speak eloquently.

1) Funeral For a Friend's last ever show was difficult to review,  but it's the post I'm most proud of having written. I poured my heart and soul into the writing, and it was one of the first times that I'd felt really happy with something I'd created.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! I might see you next week, but if I don't please don't forget about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment