Pages

Friday 25 December 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Have yourself a very pop punk Christmas

The best thing about Christmas is Christmas music.
The best thing about music is pop punk.
So, here's a playlist of the best goddamn Christmassy rock songs that your ears will ever enjoy. Rock on, amigos, and have a very merry Christmas.

10) 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by My Chemical Romance

The heaviest of the songs on this playlist, and the most unexpected. 

9) 'Last Christmas' by We The Kings/Metro Station/The Maine



Okay, okay, this is totally cheating, because it's extra songs... But I love all of these versions of 'Last Christmas' so I couldn't choose between them. Shoot me. 

8) 'White Christmas' by Panic! At The Disco

You might know Panic! At The Disco as the Halloween band, but they also branched out into Christmas music for a brief period. 

7) 'Yule Shoot Your Eye Out' by Fall Out Boy

My best friend introduced me to this song last Christmas, and I couldn't believe I'd never heard it before. It's a work of art. 

6) 'Merry Christmas (Wherever You Are)' by Lower Than Atlantis
This is such an underrated song, but it's brilliant.

5) 'Old Mexico' by The Summer Set
Slowing things down a little bit, this song is absolutely gorgeous.

4) 'Happy Holidays, You Bastard' by Blink 182
IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE AND I'VE ONLY WRAPPED TWO FUCKING PRESENTS. 

3) 'Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass' by All Time Low
Sassy Christmas songs.

2) 'Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)' by The Darkness
The epitome of pop punk Christmas.

1) 'Secret Santa' by Kids In Glass Houses

Find me a better Christmas song than this one. Oh wait, you can't. 

So that was your twelve song Christmas playlist, for the twelve days of Christmas! I have many, many more holiday songs that I could recommend to you... But we'll save those for next year.
I hope your holiday is merry and bright and you get everything that you want (well, not everything, that would be awful!) - cherish your family, your friends and your loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment