Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

BOOK TAG: You're Not Good Enough

This is my best ever book tag, because I've never been asked to do one before! I feel like my blog has finally made it. I am famous. I am the best blogger EVER.
The lovely A Daily Cloud tagged me: check out her post, because it's absolutely hilarious (and very hard to beat).

In this tag, you pick 30 characters names and put them in a bowl, pick out two and random and decide which fits the situation/question better, and who is just Not Good Enough!

1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete the team?
Pudge from 'Looking For Alaska' vs. Meira from 'Snow Like Ashes'

Pudge wins this round. 'Looking For Alaska' begins when Pudge moves to high school, while Meira is so busy learning to fight and being part of a revolution that spelling has to be the last thing on her mind.

2. Both characters want to kill you. Which character would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Kelsea from 'The Queen of the Tearling' vs. Maddy from 'Everything, Everything'

I'd kill Kelsea, even though the Queen's Guard would then take me out. I just feel like it would be too horrible to kill Maddy - her life's hard enough without getting murdered! 

3. You're on the bachelor/bachelorette. You're down to these last two characters, which would you give the rose to?
Mr. Darcy from 'Pride and Prejudice' vs. The Darkling from the Grisha trilogy

How am I supposed to decide?! Mr. Darcy is so charming, but also has a bit of a bad boy streak, while the Darkling is an utter bad boy with a hidden soft side... Purely for the magical element, I'm choosing the Darkling

4. You've been chosen for the Hunger Games. Who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Elizabeth Bennet from 'Pride & Prejudice' vs. Alaska from 'Looking For Alaska'

I feel as though Alaska might be self-absorbed, but she's also rebellious and wouldn't mind risking her life. Elizabeth is far more sensible and wouldn't get herself involved. 

5. You're stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Morpheus from 'Splintered' vs. Wing from 'Wing Jones'

I don't want to, but I'm going to have to sacrifice Wing. Morpheus would taste like moth, so he'd be no good to cannibalise! 

6. You're the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own TV show of course), who would be your sidekick?
Darrow from 'Red Rising' vs. Steffi from 'A Quiet Kind of Thunder'

I have to choose Steffi. I would LOVE Darrow to be my sidekick, but he's a leader: he needs his own sidekick, and I wouldn't want to be relegated to the background in my own show! Because of Steffi's selective mutism she's quiet, so she wouldn't be stealing the limelight, but she's quick, intelligent and funny and would make me a much stronger hero by helping me. 

7. You're a manager of an avocado admiring company. Who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Aria from 'Pretty Little Liars' vs. David from 'The Art of Being Normal'

Aria. That girl is way too used to keeping secrets. 

8. You've just finished a book in which your favourite character dies. Which character is most likely to comfort you?
Damon from 'The Vampire Diaries' vs. Rhys from 'A Quiet Kind of Thunder'

Rhys! Damon's probably the one that killed my favourite character, whereas Rhys would give me a cuddle and make me feel much better about the harrowing events. 

9. Ugh, it's high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Toria from 'All of the Above' vs. Ezra from 'Pretty Little Liars'

I feel as though these two could be in the popular crowd in high school, but because of Ezra's bookish nature Toria would be a brilliant and bubbly queen bee. 

10. The day has arrived; you're finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Kestrel from 'The Winner's Curse' vs. Mikey from 'The Rest of Us Just Live Here'

They both have so much going on that I feel I'd  forgive either of them for forgetting my birthday... But Kestrel is more likely to (she's not very considerate towards others at the start of the series!). 

11. You've just found an upcoming Booktube star. Who would it most likely be? 
Clary from The Mortal Instruments vs. Charlie from 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'

Charlie. Clary would be a Youtube artist, but Charlie is the perfect mix of outspoken and shy to appeal to a wide range of viewers, and he's literally always reading. He'd give such good recommendations!

12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person. Who would you invite?
Jace from The Mortal Instruments vs. June from 'Paper Butterflies'

Jace is hunky as heck, so I wouldn't mind having a sleepover with him (winky face...) but I think I'm going to invite June instead. She doesn't have many friends at school but she's so lovely and more people should see that - I'd love to make her feel valued, and we'd have a really fun sleepover. 

13. Bam, you're pregnant. Who is the father/mother?
Holden from 'The Catcher in the Rye' vs. Lara Jean from 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before'


Holden. He's the kind of moody and introspective guy that I'm really attracted to (even if he does really annoy me!) so I could definitely see myself falling for him if he had the time for me. Lara Jean is far too sensible to have unprotected sex! I'm not sure if a kid would go down well with Holden's parents, though, especially just after he's been kicked out of school... 

14. You've just written a super important text. Who would 'see' it but not reply? 
Ivy from 'Wild Swans' vs. Henry from 'Our Chemical Hearts'

Henry. He'd be too busy moping around and pining for Grace to waste even a second of brain time on me. He'd receive a message, see it wasn't for Grace and throw his phone back down on his bed. 

15. You've just woken up and it's time for breakfast. Your mom has been replaced by... who?
Cassie from 'The 5th Wave' vs. Patch from 'Hush, Hush' 


This sounds like the kind of move that Patch would pull, so I'll have to go for him. I also think Cassie is far too childish to be a parent - I'd end up mothering her!

I hope you enjoyed this book tag! I had so much fun writing this post - it makes me want to do lots more tags in the future.


The five people I'm tagging are:
Barb from Booker T's Farm
Tasya from The Literary Huntress
Mariela from Just Us Book Blog
Jo from Book Lovers Blog
and you! (Is that cheating? That's probably cheating...). But if you thought this tag was fun, you should just go ahead and do it. No one's stopping you!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your answers and I will aim to get this tag done and posted sometime next week - always up for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing between Darcy and The Darkling is impossible! xD I love your answers and this seems like a fun tag, so thanks for tagging me!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete