Pages

Monday 18 April 2016

NEW MUSIC MONDAY: John the Ghost


There's not really much to be said about John the Ghost, because the project only got launched last week, but 'Sour Grapes' is such a wonderful song that I wanted to showcase it.
John the Ghost is the side project of John O'Callaghan, vocalist of The Maine (formed in Arizona back in 2007). John launched the project on his Instagram with this announcement: 
The Ghost haunts the far corners of my head and permanently lives in a flat he built on the tip of my tongue. He is everything I wish I'd both said and done when I had the chance but simply forgot how. He isn't quite sure why he has so much to say, or if he really means much of it at all, but this is what his voice sounds like and these are his songs.
John the Ghost's first release will be a six song EP called 'Sincerely, John the Ghost', which was written and recorded in John's bedroom over the past two years. You can pre-order the EP by itself or as a bundle (including a 90 page book of prose poetry and a bookmark) here.
Listen to 'Sour Grapes', the first John the Ghost release, below:

You can certainly hear The Maine vibes in the song, but I'm excited to see how the rest of the EP sounds. It's released on April 29th, so we don't have to wait too much longer!

I hope you enjoyed this New Music Monday! If you have a band and you'd like to be featured next week, you can contact me on Twitter or through my contact page.

No comments:

Post a Comment