Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

August book haul!

With all of the excitement at the end of the month, I completely forgot to do my August book haul! I bought many, many more books than I'd anticipated - The Works in my town had a closing down sale, and I've been working on multiple library book sales so I couldn't stop myself from making grabby hands at all the teenage fiction. As well as this, I went to David Levithan and Lisa Williamson's book signing - I had to buy Lisa's debut novel, and a selection of David's novel I didn't already have! Here goes...

eBooks:

Only three eBooks this month, all of which were on sale: 'Second Chance Summer' by Morgan Matson, 'How To Be Bad' by E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle and Sarah Mlynowski, and 'Trouble' by Non Pratt.

The Works closing down sale:

Looks like a lot of books, right? Yet all 28 of them cost under £10 (more like £7, from what I can remember) so why not?

Library book sale:
At 10p a pop, these 14 books cost me under £1.50! 

Books from charity shops:

I've been trying to only buy books I've been looking for for a while, or novels that are installments of series I haven't yet gotten. All of the above books match those criteria, apart from Neil White's 'Last Rites' - it's a crime novel that sounds creepy and right up my alley - and 'Beyond Twilight', a non-fiction books about the history of vampires. 

My favourite charity shop find this month was definitely 'Les Misérables' by Victor Hugo in this gorgeous Vintage edition. It hasn't got a single crack on the spine and the pages aren't discoloured at all - practically brand new. I can't wait to start reading it, even if it will probably take me the best part of a year... Maybe a New Year's resolution?

David Levithan/Lisa Williamson:
I bought nine David Levithan books - four before the signing, five at the signing - as well as taking all the ones I already had! I'm a huge fan, so I had to get them all signed by him, and I'd been wanting to buy them for a while, it just takes a lot for me to buy brand new books. I also bought 'The Art Of Being Normal', which I finished just after the signing - I adored it. Can't wait for Lisa to release more novels. 

eBay finds:
I thought I'd treat myself to two books on eBay this month - 'All The Little Pieces', the newest novel by Jilliane Hoffman (who is one of my favourite authors!) and 'Daught of Smoke and Bone' by Laini Taylor. The best part of the Laini Taylor novel is that it's actually signed - I'll be showcasing all of my signed books in a blog later this month, so keep an eye out for that!

bookbridgr:
Last, but certainly not least, I received three books from Headline publishing, through bookbridgr. I'm a little behind on my bookbridgr books from previous months, but I'm beyond excited to read 'Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between' because I love Jennifer E. Smith's writing. 

I'm so sorry to say that that was 76 books purchased this month - I'm out of control! I'm going to attempt to cut back on my buying, and possibly start thinking about donating some of the books that I haven't read or didn't enjoy, so hopefully my book hoarding will be under control soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment