Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten books I want to re-read

(Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish!)

This week, it's Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! That means it's time to pick a topic that I missed in the past and make a list for it now.
I've chosen to do ten books I want to re-read, which was originally done way back in 2011.

10) The Shiver trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
When I read the Shiver series, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Well actually, I don't like bread that much... Maybe the best thing since white chocolate. But if I re-read it now, with so many more teen inter-species paranormal romances under my belt, I don't think I'd be impressed at all.

9) 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' by Lionel Shriver
I HATED 'We Need To Talk About Kevin', thinking it was boring and overly pretentious in its writing style. However, now I'm a more mature reader - five years have passed since I read it first time around! - I think I'd appreciate it a heck of a lot more. 

8) The Eve trilogy by Anna Carey
This series was one of my favourite dystopians back in the day, but now I've read more broadly across the genre I'm interested to rediscover it and see if it was as good as I thought. 

7) The Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz
I only read the first two books in the Blue Bloods series, but I can't remember a single thing that happened in either of them. I'd love to re-read them and move on with the series, because I can remember loving the opulent and vampirical New York setting. 

6) The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
I loved this the first time around. I couldn't see why everyone hated it so much, because I thought every book was absolutely brilliant. I've re-read the first book three times, and it gets less impressive and less memorable with every read... I just can't get past it and on to the rest of the series. 

5) 'Atonement' by Ian McEwan
'Atonement' was recommended to me by a boy I liked (at the time!) which probably influenced my reading of it. It also has a huge twist at the end, so it would be interesting to read the entire book knowing what was coming - it'll make me read everything differently.   

4) 'Crank' by Ellen Hopkins
'Crank' is written in free verse, and I read it so quickly - my eyes flying over the pages - that I actually felt physically sick when I finished it, and I'd given myself a migraine. I'd like to take my time on this one, because it's beautifully written.

3) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I never read 'City of Heavenly Fire' because I couldn't remember what had happened in the previous books, and I wanted to re-read them before finishing the series. I should probably get on to that, because the Shadowhunter world is rapidly slipping away from me.

2) The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
I read the first two books in the Divergent trilogy in a day, but the third book took me over four months. I'm wondering if that's why I didn't like it as much - because I just couldn't connect with it. If I read these again, I think my opinion will be completely different.

1) 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green
When I first read 'Looking For Alaska', it was the best book I'd ever read. I laughed, I cried, and I put it on a pedestal in my head: favourite book of all time, ever. But now I've read so many more books, would I still choose that one as my favourite? Will I still enjoy it as much? I need to re-read it and find out.

I'm surprised by how many of these are series - that'll explain why I'm not re-reading them, because there's just too many installments! Are there any books you're dying to re-read?

4 comments:

  1. I really liked the movie for We Need To Talk About Kevin, but for some reason when I tried to read the book, I just couldn't get into it! That's a shame, because I REALLY wanted to like it! Great Top Ten topic choice! :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to watch the movie after I read the book, but because the book was SO boring I just couldn't put myself through it.

      Delete
  2. I also choose to write about rereads (but I combined it with a couple of other topics)

    I am doing a TTT re: MG & YA boarding schools at the end of the month and have several MG books in my list this week.

    Check out My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll go and check it out - that sounds like a fun way to use a rewind topic!

      Delete