Pages

Monday 12 September 2016

August book haul

Because I've been so busy finishing my Reading festival review, I almost completely forgot to post my book haul! Luckily I didn't buy too many books in August, so it's just going to be a short post today.

eBooks:
Image result for what's a girl gotta doImage result for november 9
This month I bought two eBooks: Holly Bourne's 'What's A Girl Gotta Do?' and Colleen Hoover's 'November 9'. I LOVED the first book in the Spinster Club series, so I had to buy the third one the day it was released, and I've heard amazing things about Colleen's writing. Hopefully I've picked a good book to start with!

Library book sale:
In the library book sale this month, I bought two classics, two fairy tale retellings and two novels by Susan Hill: it's been a very varied month! I'm extremely excited to have finally gotten myself a copy of 'Sweetly'. 

Owlcrate:
This might have been my favourite Owlcrate so far. I've been highly anticipating 'P.S. I Like You', which sounds like a really adorable and fun contemporary, but to get that in the same box as an adult colouring book AND an 'Eleanor and Park' necklace?! Just too cute.

Illumicrate:
I'm going to have to post a few pictures of what came in the Illumicrate box this month, because there was just so much of it!
A cute postcard of 'Unboxed' by Non Pratt, a chapter sampler from the sequel to 'An Ember in the Ashes', some Harry Potter swag and a teabag!


Two Leigh Bardugo colouring art cards!

RED RISING POSTERS.
I REPEAT, RED RISING POSTERS!!!

And two books. TWO! If you're looking for value for your money, I'd highly recommend getting yourself an Illumicrate subscription: I don't know how Daphne does it, because she curates the best boxes around and they're such a good price.
I hadn't heard of 'Nevernight' until it came in the box, but I was already excited for 'The Graces' (which was released in the Illumicrate box a month before street date!). 

Count with me... I only bought 13 books in August! I know I was really busy with concerts for the last two weeks, so I didn't have much opportunity to book shop, but I'm quite proud of myself. 
But will I buy more or less books in September? Find out in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment