Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2015

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five reasons I haven't watched/read 'The Hunger Games'

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

I haven't watched or read 'The Hunger Games', and this week Top Five Wednesday is focusing on the top five moments from the series, so I thought I'd do my own spin on it. Here are the top five reasons I haven't read, or watched, 'The Hunger Games'. (Well, apart from the fact that I have seen the first film... But still).

5) It's a trilogy
In my expert opinion as reader of multiple trilogies, three books is one book too many. I'm kind of disenchanted with trilogies right now, and it always takes me the longest time to get through the third one (hence the fact I still haven't finished 'Ensnared' by A. G. Howard, or 'Ruin and Rising' by Leigh Bardugo) but I'm working on that character flaw. 

4) It's too realistic
With everything that's going on in the world at the moment, I just don't think I could deal with any more heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, corrupt governments ruining everyone's lives. Maybe if the world wasn't in such a sorry state, I'd feel more attracted to it.

3) It feels too late
The books have been out for basically a gazillion years, and the final film releases this week, so it just feels like I'm much too late for this bandwagon. The train has left the station without me, and I don't feel like getting a later one. 

2) It's over-hyped
I hate things that are over-hyped. One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, Harry Potter... They all permeate the cultural sphere in every way, shape and form, and I can't deal with any of them. 

1) I'm lazy
I have to be honest, those four other reasons are pretty true, but the top is that I'm lazy. If people keep telling me to read something, the likelihood is that I won't! So I need to wait for the excitement to die down before I'll properly enjoy these books.

I hope you enjoyed this installment of Top Five Wednesday! If you're a fan of 'The Hunger Games', I hope you enjoy the new film! 

No comments:

Post a Comment