Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2015

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: Top five books I'm thankful for

(Top Five Wednesday was created by GingerReadsLainey. Find out more at the Goodreads group!)

Ooh, Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I don't celebrate it, but the online sales starting on Black Friday are always amazing, so I look forward to some extreme bargain shopping.

5) 'A Kiss In The Dark' by Cat Clarke
I promised myself I wasn't going to put the same authors on this list as I did on my Top Ten Tuesday yesterday, but Cat Clarke is Just. That. Good. Seriously, you cannot beat her writing. I started 'A Kiss In The Dark' late on Monday night, but I flew through it and finished it last night and my heart, it hurts. I need to be thankful for this book (as well as for 'Entangled' and 'Torn', both also beautifully written and brilliant reads). Keep an eye out for my review of this book coming later tonight!

4) The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
You know, technically these are four books that I'm thankful for, but because it's the entire series I'm definitely counting it as just the one. I'm thankful for The Wolves of Mercy Falls series because it gave me something to bond over with my now best friend.

3) 'The Kind Worth Killing' by Peter Swanson
This is purely for vanity reasons, but I'm thankful for 'The Kind Worth Killing' because my review of the book was the first post on my blog to ever hit 500 pageviews. It doesn't sound like a lot, but for someone who has only been blogging for a year and a half it feels very awesome! 

2) 'The Collector' by John Fowles
I'm thankful for 'The Collector' for teaching me that you shouldn't judge a book by its title. I was assigned it as compulsory reading in my English Literature and Language course, and I was so certain it was going to be dreary and boring - it was so good that it still ranks in my top ten books of all time. This book definitely gave me more of an appreciation for classic literature (well, modern classics), and through him I learnt to appreciate Alan Sillitoe and H. G. Wells.

1) 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green
I'm thankful for 'Looking For Alaska', which is one of my favourite books of all time. I nearly put John Green on the authors I was thankful for yesterday, but I've only enjoyed 'Looking For Alaska', so I think I need to read a couple more of his books to really be thankful for him.

I hope you enjoyed this Top Five Wednesday! Which books are you thankful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment