Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Songs I'm seeing this weekend

I'm seeing eight bands this weekend (Eight. EIGHT?!) and I'm excited about all three gigs that I'm going to. So this Friday playlist - the return from our brief hiatus, while I completely NaNoWriMo - is the ten songs I'm most looking forward to hearing this weekend. You can expect to read about all ten of them in my reviews over the coming three days!

10) 'A Part of Me' by Neck Deep (ft. Laura Whiteside)
I adore this song. I'm not ashamed to admit that my eyes well up every time I hear it - live and recorded - so I always look forward to hearing this song.

9) 'Psycho in Love' by Patent Pending
I don't know much (see: any) of Patent Pending's material, but I've tried to listen to them over the last few weeks because I'm seeing them on Sunday, and I'm meeting them too! This is one of their songs that I've enjoyed the most - it's so catchy!

8) 'Happy Song' by Bring Me The Horizon
This song is absolutely electrifying in a live environment, and I can't wait to see it again.

7) 'Holy' by PVRIS

I've seen PVRIS live four times this year (after this weekend) but I've only heard 'Holy' once, so I'm looking forward to hearing it again. 

6) 'Chocolate' by The 1975
When I last saw The 1975 - at Reading festival 2014 - I only managed to see half of 'Chocolate', because I got to their set really late. It'll be exciting to finally hear it in full.

5) 'Rescue Me' by Zebrahead
I can't remember much about the first time I saw Zebrahead, but I can remember hearing 'Rescue Me' and really enjoying it. I'm not sure how much of Zebrahead's set I'm going to see - damn the lack of public transport on a Sunday! - so I'm probably going to miss 'Rescue Me'... Fingers crossed that they'll do it in the pre-show acoustic set that I'm attending.

4) 'Sign On' by Rat Boy
I missed Rat Boy at Reading festival, but 'Sign On' is just so catchy that I'm really hoping they perform it in their support slot for The 1975. 

3) 'True Friends' by Bring Me The Horizon
Based on the setlist that Bring Me The Horizon have been playing for the tour so far, I'm going to be hearing two new songs from 'That's The Spirit': 'Doomed' and 'True Friends'. I'm definitely more excited for the latter - it's a banger! 

2) 'Love Me' by The 1975
You have to admit, this song is absolutely amazing. I'm not a huge fan of The 1975 - I only bought tickets to their show because it was in my hometown! - but 'Love Me' is the exact change in direction that I'd been hoping for from the band. 

1) 'Can't Kick Up The Roots' by Neck Deep
I've never been a massive fan of Neck Deep, but for some reason I just can't stop listening to 'Can't Kick Up The Roots'. I'm getting very excited about seeing them, and it's the first time that that's happened - maybe this will be the weekend when I finally fall in love with them.

Thanks for listening to this Friday playlist: see you on the other side of this gig weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment