Pages

Tuesday 10 November 2015

October book haul!

Damn, with all the excitement of NaNoWriMo starting, I completely forgot to do a book haul for October, and I got some really exciting books last month! So, despite the fact that we're nearly halfway through November, here's my October book haul (and there are a lot...)

eBooks:
I only purchased two Kindle books last month, and both of those were only 99p: namely 'Side Effects May Vary' by Julie Murphy, and 'A Thousand Pieces of You' by Claudia Gray. I've had my eye on both of these books since they released, so it only seemed right to get them, especially with the sequel to 'A Thousand Pieces of You' having just released.

Library book sale: 
Of course, I said I wasn't going to buy a lot of books this month but then we ended up withdrawing a lot of our old editions of classics, so I had to buy all of those... 
As well as the classics, I picked up quite a few YA and crime novels. The one I'm most excited about out of these is 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour' by Morgan Matson, because I love road trip novels and I've heard brilliant things about this one.

Oh, and I also went into the library in Victoria, because it's right near the coach station and I had a bit of time before travelling home. I didn't mean to buy books - honestly, I was just looking around! - but I managed to control myself and only get a couple. 

Charity shopping:
I went to London a lot this month, three weeks in a row, so I felt it was only right that I went charity shopping at least one of those times. I was totally right to go, because I managed to find a gorgeous ARC of 'Beautiful Creatures', and 'Rooms' by Lauren Oliver, 'Asking For It' by Louise O'Neill and 'Night Owls' by Robin Bennett, all for £2 each. Some of the books had only been out for a matter of weeks, so I was very impressed by my expert finds this time around.
I also managed to get an ARC of 'Six of Crows' by Leigh Bardugo! I'd already bought the finished paperback edition, but this is a nice addition to my collection. I also won a competition on bookswithbite.com, and received this lovely signed bookplate in the post - I don't know if it's going to go in either of my books, or stay loose... That'll be something to decide at some point in the future.


Nicci French:

Okay, so I totally bought these for my mum, but they count in my book haul because I bought them and I'm going to read them because they all sound brilliant. I saw the TV adaptation of 'What To Do When Someone Dies' and thought it was one of the best dramas ITV had ever created because I didn't know it was from a book - that means I've already got an inclination of how skillful Nicci French is with her prose. Plus this entire set was only £7 on eBay, so I got a bargain.

Graphic novels: 
I went to the Cardiff Comic Con in the middle of the month, and I couldn't say no to buying beautiful graphic novels, especially because they were great prices. I've heard amazing things about 'The Wicked + The Divine' all over the book blogs, so hopefully I'll enjoy it just as much as I'm expecting. 

Goldsboro books: 
Oh, you haven't heard of Goldsboro books? Well, neither had I until this month. You need to check out their website, because they have some amazing books for sale. I got this gorgeous edition of 'An Ember In The Ashes', which has black sprayed edges to the pages and is so beautiful. The best part? It's signed!


bookbridgr:
I only applied for one book on bookbridgr this month, because I'm constantly aware of the fact that I'm only moving through my review pile very, very slowly. However, 'Dead Ringers' sounds amazing and utterly creepy, so I had to go for it. Thank you, headline!

Owlcrate:
Last, but certainly not least, I received my first ever Owlcrate box in the post this month! I've been trying to get on the subscription list for Owlcrate for months, but it was always sold out whenever I checked - by some stroke of luck, I managed to get on in time for the Halloween themed box, which is awesome. 
I love the Edgar Allan Poe-ka dot bag the most: it appeals to my sense of pun and my sense of aesthetic, so it's great. I'm too scared to use it in case I ruin it though!
The beautiful book that came in the box this month was 'A Madness So Discreet' by Mindy McGinnis, who wrote the 'Not A Drop To Drink' series (duology?). It's her new novel, and I've been hearing such brilliant things that I can't wait to pick it up.
The box also included a beautiful poster, which I really need to find somewhere to hang! Thank you so much to Owlcrate, for your brilliant choice in novels - I can't wait for next month!

I hope you enjoyed my book haul, all 68 books... I know, I'm going to start stopping (she says, when she already has over fifteen books to haul in November!). They just all look so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment