Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Book Haul!

I'm pretty ill at the moment, with a terrible case of tonsillitis, so forgive me if this isn't an in-depth book haul! It's already a couple of days late, so I thought it was better to get it out already!

eBooks: 



I only ordered one eBook this month, and that was 'Only Ever Yours' by Louise O'Neill. It was on a special offer at 99p, and I've been wanting this one for so long that I had to jump at the chance! I haven't managed to get around to it yet, but don't expect it to be too long before I do.

The Book People:
The Book People had a huge sale on to celebrate May Day, so first things first I'm going to show you all of the books I purchased on their site!


Three books, in one book? This is one of the coolest bind-ups I have ever seen!




The coolest thing? My entire order only cost £26! 19 books, meaning that each book was only £1.30! 

The Works: 
As well as a huge haul from The Book People, The Works also had a brilliant new shipment of books in and I couldn't resist! 

I've wanted to read 'Alice In Zombieland' for so long, and I got the trilogy for £5!

I'm a huge fan of Julie Kagawa, and I can't wait to read about dragons.

The third and final book in The 100 trilogy! 

Last, but definitely not least, I now finally own the Divergent trilogy! This beautiful boxset was only £10!


Charity shop finds: 

The entire Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, for £1 each? Yes please! 

I already had 'The Lover's Dictionary' by David Levithan in hardcover, but how pretty!


I love David Nicholls writing, and with the purchase of 'Starter For Ten', I own all of his books!



I was never a big fan of Artemis Fowl, so I wonder if Eoin Colfer's standalone is more up my alley?



I can never resist buying beautiful Vintage editions!


I have an ARC of 'Trinity', the second novel in Conn Iggulden's War Of The Roses series, so I've been looking out for this one for a while.





How beautiful is this cover?!

Another Kresley Cole to add to the slowly growing collection.

I've always wanted to buy a 'Wreck This Journal', but this cute book of postcards is just as awesome!

I also bought one hardcover in a charity shop - the beautiful 'The Catalyst' by Helena Coggan! I already have an ARC of this, but the finished copy is delightful too.


ARCs: 
I was going through London to get home from Slam Dunk Festival, so I couldn't resist popping along to the charity shop where I normally find the really awesome ARCs. There were a lot more than this that I could have bought, but I was really picky this time, honestly!


And here's a more close up picture of the really beautiful ones. 
On the left there is 'The Accident Season' by Moira Fowley-Doyle; I had already had my request to view the book accepted on NetGalley, but I couldn't resist the physical copy!

Gifts:
As well as buying all these books for myself, I was also given two really cool books by my mummy!


I still haven't read the books (#fakefan) but this illustrated guide to seasons 3 and 4 of Game of Thrones is really cool and in-depth.

Signed books: 
Last, but most certainly not least, I managed to get three signed books this month! 


I already have the third book in the Wastelands trilogy signed, so couldn't pass up the opportunity to get the second one signed as well!

I love 'A Court of Thorns and Roses', so the day after I finished and reviewed my galley I had to buy a physical copy, and luckily my local Waterstones were stocking signed copies!

I also got 'The Novice' by Taran Matharu signed. I loved the prequel novella, 'Origins', and I was already halfway through 'The Novice' on my Kindle when I purchased this signed copy. My problem is, when I really enjoy a book I take my time with it, so I might not finish this one for a while because I just don't want it to end - it's that good!

Because I got the hardcover copy of 'The Novice', as well as being signed it has this really awesome cover underneath the dust jacket.

Well, that's all for this month. 80 books... Whoops... But there were a heck of a lot of sales on, and they're all really cool... Not a great excuse though, is it? Gonna challenge myself to buy no books in the month of June - I need to start working my way through these bad boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment